The most important functions of Deutsche Handelsbank Electronic Banking at a glance
After you have received confirmation of your registration by email from us, you can log in. To do so you will need your token on your mobile phone and a browser on your laptop/PC.
- Open up your browser on your Laptop/PC and navigate to Electronic banking on our website, or click here.
- Simultaneously, open up the Mobile Token App on your phone and log in with your password. This is the same password you created while setting up the mobile token.
- If both your app and the browser window is open, a camera window should appear inside of your app. With that camera, you can scan the QR-code displayed in your browser. If that does not work you can enter the code that appears underneath Access code.
- You have now successfully logged into your ebanking account. After logging in you will need your app to confirm payments. Everything else can be controlled inside your browser.
After you have received confirmation of your registration by email from us, you can log in. To do so you will need your desktop token app and a browser on your laptop/PC. It is important to use the same PC with which the desktop token was set up.
- Open up your browser on your Laptop/PC and navigate to Electronic banking on our website, or click here. Please note that this PC needs to be the same one you set up your desktop token with.
- Click on the symbol with the label „Software Token“ underneath desktop. Now the desktop token software opens on your device.
- Log into the just-opened application with your password. This is the same password you created while setting up the desktop token.
- You have now successfully logged into your ebanking account. After logging in you will only need your desktop application to confirm payments, everything else can be controlled inside your browser.
After successfully logging in, you will reach the dashboard of our electronic banking system. The value balance of your accounts, messages from us, or new documents in your mailbox, such as account statements, can be seen from here.
Furthermore, you can view orders waiting for authorization and their amount (Open payments). Using the widget Payment Creation you can manually set a credit transfer or direct debit.
You will find an overview of your transactions by navigating to Cash Management – Transactions. Here you can see all of your account turnovers separately. Besides using various filters, you are also able to customize your view by changing your sorting options, or by disabling certain elements.
The remote authorisation allows authorised users to electronically sign files concerning transactions and payments submitted to the bank. These files can be signed from different locations and devices (e.g. Laptop). Remote authorisation supports first and second signatures and is, therefore, following the signature hierarchy.
In the Deutsche Handelsbank Electronic Banking, you will find files concerning transactions and payments which are ready to be signed by navigating to Payments – Remote Authorisation.
Payments awaiting their first or second signature can be found in the overview of transmitted payments along with the status “awaiting electronic signature“.
The Deutsche Handelsbank Electronic Banking offers multiple options to access information regarding account statements (MT940) or intraday reports (MT942).
The original files MT940 and MT942 can be accessed by navigating to Cash Management – Bank files.
This information can also be downloaded under Account Statements or intraday reports, by clicking on Account statements details and selecting the requested data. To keep the original format in place, kindly note that Original data needs to be selected as File format/conversion.
The most frequently asked questions about the use of Deutsche Handelsbank Electronic Banking can be found here.
The Deutsche Handelsbank Electronic Banking is available in English and German.
You can switch the language by changing your browser language in the settings of your browser (procedure differs depending on the browser you use e.g Firefox). If you select German as your browser language, your electronic banking will be displayed in German. If you select any language other than German, your electronic banking will be displayed in English.
I am authorized for multiple companies and want to access them all with only one login, is that possible?
Unfortunately that is not possible. If you are authorized for multiple accounts, you have received an individual customer ID and user Id for each one from us. With them, you can register or log in for each company separately. That means you cannot access all of your companies with only one login.